October 22, 2012 10:00 AM
If you can't find a buyer, the next best thing is advertising on the big screen!
Zsa Zsa Gabor's $15 million Bel Air estate is up for sale, but in the meantime is being used in Hollywood films, like the recent blockbuster Argo. It will also serve as the backdrop to the highly anticipated movie Behind the Candelabra.
"It was built by Howard Hughes, rented by Elvis Presley, and it belongs to Zsa Zsa Gabor. This property has a lot of history. Moreover, they just filmed the HBO Liberace movie, coming soon with Michael Douglas and Matt Damon. If only these walls could talk!" real estate broker Rodger Perry said of the abode.
The 8,878 square-foot French-style home boasts six bedrooms and seven baths, and has been visited by celebrities and dignitaries like Frank Sinatra, Queen Elizabeth, and George W. Bush.
"Since the home is somewhat dated, buyers in this price point will do one of two things: gut it and bring it back to its old glory, or tear it down and build a new 10,000-20,000 square-foot mansion," Perry adds.
We wouldn't think it would be hard to find a new resident for this piece of Hollywood history!
- High Gloss And Shine: Hot Design Trends For The New Year
Shiny and glossy accents rule in 2013!
- Interior Color Palettes For 2013
- Keep It Simple For Fall
Fall has arrived ... less is more!
- Macaulay Culkin Debuts His Art
The actor shows his art collective's work in NY.
- 2012 Kitchen of the Year
House Beautiful invites us to view their Top Kitchen of 2012.
- Go Glam With Metallics
Metallics, Tufted Sofa Add A Touch Of Interior Glam
- Gerard Depardieu Puts His $65 Million Mansion On The Market After Massive Tax Increase In France
- One Direction's Harry Styles Buys London Mansion For $4.8 Million
- Valentino Shows Off Gorgeous Asian-Inspired French Castle
- CELEBDIGS EXCLUSIVE - Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Expand Chateau Miraval Property In France
Matt Damon And Wife Luciana Barroso To Renew Their Vows At Swanky Resort In St. Lucia
Take A Peek Inside Olivier Martinez's South Beach Eatery
Demi Moore Enjoys An Eco-Friendly Retreat In Mexico
Garza Blanca Is Where The Stars Relax South Of The Border
Celebs Love Their South Beach Getaways
Rihanna Rents A $21.8 Million Mansion In Barbados For The Holidays
Fontainebleau Miami Beach Is The Place To Be During Art Basel
Live The High Life At The Ritz-Carlton's Residences At L.A. Live
Favorite Celebrity Getaway: The Post Ranch Inn At Big Sur
Celebrity Halloween Hotspot: Greystone Manor
A Look Inside Jessica Biel And Justin Timberlake's Italian Wedding Venue
Pacific Palisades: Where The Rich And Famous Call Home
Serenity By The Sea At The One & Only Palmilla In Los Cabos, Mexico
- Ellen DeGeneres Adds $26.5 Million Montecito Mansion To Massive Arsenal
- Katy Perry Purchases Two Hollywood Hills Residences For $11.2 Million
- Drew Barrymore Lists Montecito Mansion For $7.5 Million
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Buys $3.2 Million Pacific Palisades Pad