September 27, 2012 9:47 AM
Phyllis Diller passed away earlier this year, and her 9,266-square-foot gated Brentwood home is now on the market for $12.9 million.
The property was originally built around a central courtyard in 1914 for steel magnate/U.S. Senator Lawrence C. Phipps, and Diller bought the home back in 1965. The estate sits on 1.23 acres, and it has 8 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms and a whopping total of 22 rooms, many of which were named by the legendary comic.
Dilled dubbed the main living room The Bob Hope Salon, and it has stunning hardwood floors, a fireplace, and a paneled seating nook lined with leaded and stained-glass windows. A room with a pump organ was named The Pump Room, and she even named the kitchen The Scarlet Scullery after its blood red cabinetry and red brick walls.
The property does not currently have a swimming pool or tennis court, but given the massive size of the lot, we're thinking it could easily be added on. But when someone is spending nearly $13 mil on a pad, how much of a commitment to remodel do they really want to make?
- High Gloss And Shine: Hot Design Trends For The New Year
Shiny and glossy accents rule in 2013!
- Interior Color Palettes For 2013
- Keep It Simple For Fall
Fall has arrived ... less is more!
- Macaulay Culkin Debuts His Art
The actor shows his art collective's work in NY.
- 2012 Kitchen of the Year
House Beautiful invites us to view their Top Kitchen of 2012.
- Go Glam With Metallics
Metallics, Tufted Sofa Add A Touch Of Interior Glam
- Gerard Depardieu Puts His $65 Million Mansion On The Market After Massive Tax Increase In France
- One Direction's Harry Styles Buys London Mansion For $4.8 Million
- Valentino Shows Off Gorgeous Asian-Inspired French Castle
- CELEBDIGS EXCLUSIVE - Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Expand Chateau Miraval Property In France
Matt Damon And Wife Luciana Barroso To Renew Their Vows At Swanky Resort In St. Lucia
Take A Peek Inside Olivier Martinez's South Beach Eatery
Demi Moore Enjoys An Eco-Friendly Retreat In Mexico
Garza Blanca Is Where The Stars Relax South Of The Border
Celebs Love Their South Beach Getaways
Rihanna Rents A $21.8 Million Mansion In Barbados For The Holidays
Fontainebleau Miami Beach Is The Place To Be During Art Basel
Live The High Life At The Ritz-Carlton's Residences At L.A. Live
Favorite Celebrity Getaway: The Post Ranch Inn At Big Sur
Celebrity Halloween Hotspot: Greystone Manor
A Look Inside Jessica Biel And Justin Timberlake's Italian Wedding Venue
Pacific Palisades: Where The Rich And Famous Call Home
Serenity By The Sea At The One & Only Palmilla In Los Cabos, Mexico
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $10 Million Hamptons Mansion
- Marc Anthony Buys $2.5 Million Home In Encino
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Check Out Sex And The City Creator Darren Star's Bel Air Mansion
- Kelsey Grammer Sells His Beverly Hills Mansion For $6.7 Million