January 22, 2013 10:20 AM
Karl Lagerfeld has finally sold his condo at 50 Gramercy Park North in New York City, but the fashion legend took a $2.25 million loss on the 2,151-square-foot sixth floor pad. Ouch!
The 3 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom home boasts a beautiful chef's kitchen with Varenna cherry wood cabinets, stainless steel countertops and a white Corian backsplash. All of the bedrooms have large closets and full baths, and there are dark oak floors, custom built-in bookcases and a washer/dryer in the condo.
Building amenities include valet, butler service, housekeeping, catering, room service, event planning, personal shopping, priority reservations, access to the gym and spa, and the private rooftop club.
Lagerfeld bought the place in 2006 for $6.75 million, tried to resell it last summer for $6.5 million, then chopped the price to $5.2 million, and after that it was taken off the market. Lagerfeld then hired a new broker, cut the price down again, and then lowered it even more in September for $4.85 million. According to the New York Post, Lagerfeld never actually moved in, and poor natural light and high maintenance costs contributed to the price cuts. Better luck next time!
Photo Gallery: Karl Lagerfeld Sells His NYC Home For A $2.25 Million Loss
- High Gloss And Shine: Hot Design Trends For The New Year
Shiny and glossy accents rule in 2013!
- Interior Color Palettes For 2013
- Keep It Simple For Fall
Fall has arrived ... less is more!
- Macaulay Culkin Debuts His Art
The actor shows his art collective's work in NY.
- 2012 Kitchen of the Year
House Beautiful invites us to view their Top Kitchen of 2012.
- Go Glam With Metallics
Metallics, Tufted Sofa Add A Touch Of Interior Glam
- Gerard Depardieu Puts His $65 Million Mansion On The Market After Massive Tax Increase In France
- One Direction's Harry Styles Buys London Mansion For $4.8 Million
- Valentino Shows Off Gorgeous Asian-Inspired French Castle
- CELEBDIGS EXCLUSIVE - Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Expand Chateau Miraval Property In France
Matt Damon And Wife Luciana Barroso To Renew Their Vows At Swanky Resort In St. Lucia
Take A Peek Inside Olivier Martinez's South Beach Eatery
Demi Moore Enjoys An Eco-Friendly Retreat In Mexico
Garza Blanca Is Where The Stars Relax South Of The Border
Celebs Love Their South Beach Getaways
Rihanna Rents A $21.8 Million Mansion In Barbados For The Holidays
Fontainebleau Miami Beach Is The Place To Be During Art Basel
Live The High Life At The Ritz-Carlton's Residences At L.A. Live
Favorite Celebrity Getaway: The Post Ranch Inn At Big Sur
Celebrity Halloween Hotspot: Greystone Manor
A Look Inside Jessica Biel And Justin Timberlake's Italian Wedding Venue
Pacific Palisades: Where The Rich And Famous Call Home
Serenity By The Sea At The One & Only Palmilla In Los Cabos, Mexico
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $10 Million Hamptons Mansion
- Marc Anthony Buys $2.5 Million Home In Encino
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Check Out Sex And The City Creator Darren Star's Bel Air Mansion
- Kelsey Grammer Sells His Beverly Hills Mansion For $6.7 Million