February 4, 2013 1:00 PM
Jason Bateman and family have a new place to call home!
The actor just snapped up Ernest Borgnine's Beverly Hills estate, which was placed on the market for $3.4 million following his death at age 95 last year, for $3 million!
The former residence of the beloved Hollywood actor was designed by architect LG Scherer and is located on a half-acre lot above Mulholland Drive. The English country-style house boasts 6 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, hardwood floors, French doors, beamed ceilings, a wood-burning fireplace, heated pool, and a guest house complete with a kitchen and living room.
"It was his place of comfort and seclusion, where lots of people came to visit him. [It was] a who's who of Hollywood that came," agent Billy Rose said of the place that Borgnine called home for over six decades.
The property was a "pocket listing," which means Rose had a listing agreement with the seller, but the pad was not entered into a multi-listing system. The seller was the Oscar winner's fifth wife Tova Traesnaes.
For a place that offers views of the whole San Fernando Valley and has Hollywood history, we'd say this was a steal!
- High Gloss And Shine: Hot Design Trends For The New Year
Shiny and glossy accents rule in 2013!
- Interior Color Palettes For 2013
- Keep It Simple For Fall
Fall has arrived ... less is more!
- Macaulay Culkin Debuts His Art
The actor shows his art collective's work in NY.
- 2012 Kitchen of the Year
House Beautiful invites us to view their Top Kitchen of 2012.
- Go Glam With Metallics
Metallics, Tufted Sofa Add A Touch Of Interior Glam
- Gerard Depardieu Puts His $65 Million Mansion On The Market After Massive Tax Increase In France
- One Direction's Harry Styles Buys London Mansion For $4.8 Million
- Valentino Shows Off Gorgeous Asian-Inspired French Castle
- CELEBDIGS EXCLUSIVE - Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Expand Chateau Miraval Property In France
Matt Damon And Wife Luciana Barroso To Renew Their Vows At Swanky Resort In St. Lucia
Take A Peek Inside Olivier Martinez's South Beach Eatery
Demi Moore Enjoys An Eco-Friendly Retreat In Mexico
Garza Blanca Is Where The Stars Relax South Of The Border
Celebs Love Their South Beach Getaways
Rihanna Rents A $21.8 Million Mansion In Barbados For The Holidays
Fontainebleau Miami Beach Is The Place To Be During Art Basel
Live The High Life At The Ritz-Carlton's Residences At L.A. Live
Favorite Celebrity Getaway: The Post Ranch Inn At Big Sur
Celebrity Halloween Hotspot: Greystone Manor
A Look Inside Jessica Biel And Justin Timberlake's Italian Wedding Venue
Pacific Palisades: Where The Rich And Famous Call Home
Serenity By The Sea At The One & Only Palmilla In Los Cabos, Mexico
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $10 Million Hamptons Mansion
- Marc Anthony Buys $2.5 Million Home In Encino
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Check Out Sex And The City Creator Darren Star's Bel Air Mansion
- Kelsey Grammer Sells His Beverly Hills Mansion For $6.7 Million