November 6, 2012 1:20 PM
Dr. Dre (nee Andre Young) purchased a $15.4 million pad in the Bird streets area of the Hollywood hills last December, but we're just now getting our first peek inside the massive mansion.
The home wasn't officially on the open market when Dr. Dre bought it, but property records show that the home was last sold for $12.8 million in 2009. The 9,696 square foot house was "newly built in 2001" and it has 5 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms. The gated residence sits at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac, and it boasts 280-degree views of the city, a sparkling pool and a very spacious back yard.
There is a giant greenhouse, a "garden room" outfitted with a large bar and the second floor master suite features a sitting area with fireplace, a small private terrace and a boutique-sized walk-in closet/dressing room.
Dre owns a number of other properties including a 13,748-square-foot mansion in Woodland Hills, along with a four-story, 8,843-square-foot ocean front house on Malibu's Carbon Beach. In 2011, Forbes estimated that the rapper/producer was worth $250 million, and last month they estimated that he will earning a whopping $110 million in pre-tax earnings in 2012 alone.
Photo Gallery: Dr. Dre's $15.4 Million Hollywood Hills Home
- High Gloss And Shine: Hot Design Trends For The New Year
Shiny and glossy accents rule in 2013!
- Interior Color Palettes For 2013
- Keep It Simple For Fall
Fall has arrived ... less is more!
- Macaulay Culkin Debuts His Art
The actor shows his art collective's work in NY.
- 2012 Kitchen of the Year
House Beautiful invites us to view their Top Kitchen of 2012.
- Go Glam With Metallics
Metallics, Tufted Sofa Add A Touch Of Interior Glam
- Gerard Depardieu Puts His $65 Million Mansion On The Market After Massive Tax Increase In France
- One Direction's Harry Styles Buys London Mansion For $4.8 Million
- Valentino Shows Off Gorgeous Asian-Inspired French Castle
- CELEBDIGS EXCLUSIVE - Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Expand Chateau Miraval Property In France
Matt Damon And Wife Luciana Barroso To Renew Their Vows At Swanky Resort In St. Lucia
Take A Peek Inside Olivier Martinez's South Beach Eatery
Demi Moore Enjoys An Eco-Friendly Retreat In Mexico
Garza Blanca Is Where The Stars Relax South Of The Border
Celebs Love Their South Beach Getaways
Rihanna Rents A $21.8 Million Mansion In Barbados For The Holidays
Fontainebleau Miami Beach Is The Place To Be During Art Basel
Live The High Life At The Ritz-Carlton's Residences At L.A. Live
Favorite Celebrity Getaway: The Post Ranch Inn At Big Sur
Celebrity Halloween Hotspot: Greystone Manor
A Look Inside Jessica Biel And Justin Timberlake's Italian Wedding Venue
Pacific Palisades: Where The Rich And Famous Call Home
Serenity By The Sea At The One & Only Palmilla In Los Cabos, Mexico
- Ellen DeGeneres Adds $26.5 Million Montecito Mansion To Massive Arsenal
- Katy Perry Purchases Two Hollywood Hills Residences For $11.2 Million
- Drew Barrymore Lists Montecito Mansion For $7.5 Million
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Buys $3.2 Million Pacific Palisades Pad