September 8, 2012 11:36 AM
Macaulay Culkin and his pals are introducing their art collective, named Three Men and a Baby, or 3MB, with this video and an upcoming showing of their work.
In Culkin's living room, the "Three Men" laid out drop clothes and huge canvases, converting his home into a studio. Along with Adam Green and Toby Goodshank, formerly of the band The Moldy Peaches, Culkin has been working since February on paintings that jab at pop culture through collage and mixed-media in an intentionally "low brow" way.
Mack describes it:
- "You go to the Met or something like that, and you see some of the paintings from the Renaissance era. A lot of those were probably the most technically proficient paintings in the entire museum. However, when you go to the Modern wing, they might not be as technically proficient, might not have as much skill--but those are the kind of things you want on your wall. Well, what do we want to put on our wall? It's not necessarily about technique, it's more about the ideas. It's more about just what you want to look at."
The group's show, Leisure Inferno include a painting of the "Cast of Seinfeld," in which Jerry and the gang are posing nude as models for the artists, He-Man and Orko from Masters of the Universe. Uhh ... yeah ...
The idea for 3MB didn't just come out of thin air, the trio first collaborated on the feature-length film The Wrong Ferrari, shot entirely on an iPhone. That's when the idea for 3MB was born.
So will celebs snatch up the group's pieces for their Hollywood Hills homes and New York studio lofts? That remains to be seen ... but Culkin and his pals will be hocking their wares at Le Poisson Rouge in Greenwich Village from Sept. 13 - Dec. 15.
Photo Gallery: Macaulay Culkin Debuts His Art
Matt Damon And Wife Luciana Barroso To Renew Their Vows At Swanky Resort In St. Lucia
Take A Peek Inside Olivier Martinez's South Beach Eatery
Demi Moore Enjoys An Eco-Friendly Retreat In Mexico
Garza Blanca Is Where The Stars Relax South Of The Border
Celebs Love Their South Beach Getaways
Rihanna Rents A $21.8 Million Mansion In Barbados For The Holidays
Fontainebleau Miami Beach Is The Place To Be During Art Basel
Live The High Life At The Ritz-Carlton's Residences At L.A. Live
Favorite Celebrity Getaway: The Post Ranch Inn At Big Sur
Celebrity Halloween Hotspot: Greystone Manor
A Look Inside Jessica Biel And Justin Timberlake's Italian Wedding Venue
Pacific Palisades: Where The Rich And Famous Call Home
Serenity By The Sea At The One & Only Palmilla In Los Cabos, Mexico
- Gerard Depardieu Puts His $65 Million Mansion On The Market After Massive Tax Increase In France
- One Direction's Harry Styles Buys London Mansion For $4.8 Million
- Valentino Shows Off Gorgeous Asian-Inspired French Castle
- CELEBDIGS EXCLUSIVE - Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Expand Chateau Miraval Property In France
- Tom Hanks Puts Los Angeles Marital Mansion On The Market For $5.25 Million
- Jodie Foster Lists Hollywood Hills Home Of 20 Years For $6.4 Million
- Billy Joel Sells His Waterfront Miami Mansion For $14 Million
- Rosie O'Donnell Reportedly Sells Miami Mansion For $12.675 Million