February 13, 2013 11:48 AM
Tim Street-Porter / Architectural Digest
Cher has listed her stunning duplex at Sierra Towers in West Hollywood for $5,500,000, and while that seems a bit pricey, this is the only two-story pad in the building.
Some sites are reporting that Cher paid $4.5 million for the 26th and 27th floor condos in 2006 (she bought them from actor Vincent Gallo), but our friend at RealEstalker notes that property records indicate she purchased the place for $3 million.
Additionally, some listing info puts the pad at 4,000 square feet, but according to Los Angeles county tax records, the total square footage is just 2,302. Seeing as the bottom unit was only 1,151 square feet before it was combined with the one above it, that does seem to make sense. Maybe that 4k is excluding her balconies?
Million Dollar Decorator star Martyn Lawrence-Bullard gave the place a massive facelift, and in 2010 Cher opened her doors to Architectural Digest for a tour of the "ethnic, spicy and romantic" pad. “I always wanted an apartment that was one big bedroom,” she told the mag. "Because that's really where I live, starting from the days when Sonny and I could only afford a bedroom.”
Cher's current celeb neighbors include Courtney Cox, Joan Collins and PJ Harvey, and famous folks like Matthew Perry, Harry Morton, David Geffen and Elton John have also called the high rise home.
Photo Gallery: Cher Lists Her WeHo Duplex For $5.5 Million
- High Gloss And Shine: Hot Design Trends For The New Year
Shiny and glossy accents rule in 2013!
- Interior Color Palettes For 2013
- Keep It Simple For Fall
Fall has arrived ... less is more!
- Macaulay Culkin Debuts His Art
The actor shows his art collective's work in NY.
- 2012 Kitchen of the Year
House Beautiful invites us to view their Top Kitchen of 2012.
- Go Glam With Metallics
Metallics, Tufted Sofa Add A Touch Of Interior Glam
- Gerard Depardieu Puts His $65 Million Mansion On The Market After Massive Tax Increase In France
- One Direction's Harry Styles Buys London Mansion For $4.8 Million
- Valentino Shows Off Gorgeous Asian-Inspired French Castle
- CELEBDIGS EXCLUSIVE - Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Expand Chateau Miraval Property In France
Matt Damon And Wife Luciana Barroso To Renew Their Vows At Swanky Resort In St. Lucia
Take A Peek Inside Olivier Martinez's South Beach Eatery
Demi Moore Enjoys An Eco-Friendly Retreat In Mexico
Garza Blanca Is Where The Stars Relax South Of The Border
Celebs Love Their South Beach Getaways
Rihanna Rents A $21.8 Million Mansion In Barbados For The Holidays
Fontainebleau Miami Beach Is The Place To Be During Art Basel
Live The High Life At The Ritz-Carlton's Residences At L.A. Live
Favorite Celebrity Getaway: The Post Ranch Inn At Big Sur
Celebrity Halloween Hotspot: Greystone Manor
A Look Inside Jessica Biel And Justin Timberlake's Italian Wedding Venue
Pacific Palisades: Where The Rich And Famous Call Home
Serenity By The Sea At The One & Only Palmilla In Los Cabos, Mexico
- Jennifer Love Hewitt Buys $3.2 Million Pacific Palisades Pad
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $10 Million Hamptons Mansion
- Marc Anthony Buys $2.5 Million Home In Encino
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Check Out Sex And The City Creator Darren Star's Bel Air Mansion