September 4, 2012 9:48 AM
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie have snatched up the property neighboring their huge Chateau Miraval estate in the south of France, CelebDigs can report exclusively.
The affianced couple paid an undisclosed sum for land, which includes an impressive home and acres of forest. The lot was owned by Gerard Larrousse, the former owner of France's Formula 1 team.
Why would the couple expand their already huge Miraval property, you might ask? Well in light of their upcoming wedding, set to take place at the Chateau this fall, the celebrity duo is looking to seal the borders around their estate and this neighboring property had a legal easement through Brangelina's land. That means the owner of that lot had the right to pass through Miraval to access his own house -- in fact, it was the ONLY way for him to even get to his own place!
Before buying Miraval in 2008, for a reported $55 million, Brangelina bought up other lots surrounding the property to ensure complete privacy and security.
With Brad and Angelina now on the books as the owners of this parcel, NO ONE other than the supercouple will be allowed on Miraval land. And as a bonus, they get yet another building to add to their mini-village atop their remote hill near the village of Correns.
Photo Gallery: Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Renovate Miraval
- High Gloss And Shine: Hot Design Trends For The New Year
Shiny and glossy accents rule in 2013!
- Interior Color Palettes For 2013
- Keep It Simple For Fall
Fall has arrived ... less is more!
- Macaulay Culkin Debuts His Art
The actor shows his art collective's work in NY.
- 2012 Kitchen of the Year
House Beautiful invites us to view their Top Kitchen of 2012.
- Go Glam With Metallics
Metallics, Tufted Sofa Add A Touch Of Interior Glam
- Gerard Depardieu Puts His $65 Million Mansion On The Market After Massive Tax Increase In France
- One Direction's Harry Styles Buys London Mansion For $4.8 Million
- Valentino Shows Off Gorgeous Asian-Inspired French Castle
- CELEBDIGS EXCLUSIVE - Brad Pitt And Angelina Jolie Expand Chateau Miraval Property In France
Matt Damon And Wife Luciana Barroso To Renew Their Vows At Swanky Resort In St. Lucia
Take A Peek Inside Olivier Martinez's South Beach Eatery
Demi Moore Enjoys An Eco-Friendly Retreat In Mexico
Garza Blanca Is Where The Stars Relax South Of The Border
Celebs Love Their South Beach Getaways
Rihanna Rents A $21.8 Million Mansion In Barbados For The Holidays
Fontainebleau Miami Beach Is The Place To Be During Art Basel
Live The High Life At The Ritz-Carlton's Residences At L.A. Live
Favorite Celebrity Getaway: The Post Ranch Inn At Big Sur
Celebrity Halloween Hotspot: Greystone Manor
A Look Inside Jessica Biel And Justin Timberlake's Italian Wedding Venue
Pacific Palisades: Where The Rich And Famous Call Home
Serenity By The Sea At The One & Only Palmilla In Los Cabos, Mexico
- Jennifer Lopez Buys $10 Million Hamptons Mansion
- Marc Anthony Buys $2.5 Million Home In Encino
- Kim Kardashian And Kanye West Check Out Sex And The City Creator Darren Star's Bel Air Mansion
- Kelsey Grammer Sells His Beverly Hills Mansion For $6.7 Million